The Beautiful Goose Pond


The Beautiful Goose Pond


    It was a crisp fall day shortly after my last class for the week. Wanting to get outside to reset ourselves from a grueling week of classes, we went nearby to a pond to destress. The beginning of the walk was like any other, surrounded by trees and different forms of life the more you walked, the more engulfed you were by the wilderness. The sound of fall leaves crunching below your feet with every step you took it felt like almost a trance that was never ending. 


    As the sun starts to set below the horizon, my sense of vision was lowered and had to rely more on my other senses. At this point I was completely absorbed by the wilderness, I felt instead of being a foreigner to this land I had now become one with the land. The sounds that were made from other animals had changed from once being intimidating and startling had just become another living thing fending for themselves like myself. On the walk back that same way through a long windy trail it felt as if there was no end to the what then looked vast and massive forrest. This I feel is what it was like for the indigenous people that once lived and cared for the lands that we have now taken over. The short walk back was then over, back to the car and into the industrialized city of Keene. What was once a beautiful place covered with life as I saw throughout Goose Pond was now covered with people, cars, buildings, etc. 











 

Comments

  1. This post caught my eye because Goose Pond is a place I've been interested in going to but haven't yet, but this post convinced me I need to go soon! What resonates the most with me is when you were talking about needing to get outside and destress. I feel like most people hide away in their rooms when they are stressed, but getting out in nature and breathing fresh air helps so much. What is most new to me is the location itself. I have never been there so it was interesting to hear a little bit more about it. I like how you did the layout of this post. I like that you broke up the text with pictures so it wasn't just a big chunk of words and then a bunch of pictures at the end. This post made me think about how I need to work on my own stress relief methods and get outside more. With finals coming up there is a lot of stress building up, so I think it might be time to round up my roommates and go for a hike. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Arctic Snow Is Turning To Rain Rapidly

My favorite place in nature